Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Where has the time gone?

Wow, I can't believe how fast time is going by! Our little girl is growing so much every day.  She is awake more and more (oh, speaking of awake, there she is. I'll be back...)

Okay, that didn't take long to be interrupted. As I was saying, it is amazing to watch her as her awareness grows and she learns new things. She is smiling and laughing in her sleep, I wonder what such young babies dream about...

A had to go back to work on Monday, it was very sad for us.  Her 2 weeks off seemed way too short and really flew by.  We are trying to get into more of a routine now so A can get enough sleep and we all get enough time together.  A's mom is staying with us for the rest of the week so I have some support and company during the day.  My mom is taking next week off work for the same reason. 

We are having some ups and downs with eating. My milk came in and after a few days it seemed like we had figured things out, but then it took a turn for the worse. E had a morning where her stomach seemed really upset and she couldn't sleep Things seemed better after she pooped, so we just attributed it to the Italian sausage and peppers I ate for dinner the night before.  The next day A got a stomach bug and spent a day on the couch.  E threw up a few times, too, but otherwise seemed fine. The next day she seemed fine, until bed time.  She was falling asleep like normal, but then she woke up and screamed. A painful, heart-wrenching screech. I held her and rocked her and cried with her.  It broke my heart to hear her.

Since then she has thrown up a few more times and every once and a while she will wake up with a scream (but not as intense as that first one).  After re-reading some of the sections in The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding I have changed how I feed her and things seem to be getting better.  She still seems like her belly hurts sometimes, but usually changing positions or nursing helps. I also started putting her on a wedge when she is in the bassinet. 

Nap time with Mama

Our little Cupcake

Snuggled up with Mom



First bath

Its a lot of work taking a bath



Making faces






Roar!









We had a poop accident!

Toes!

Not sure why this uploaded up-side-down...


1 comment:

  1. I love all of these pictures! And I stopped wide eyed at the poop accident and knocked on wood since this hasn't happened in our house yet ;)

    ReplyDelete