Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Little funny things.

We were at a housewares-type store the other night, and T found a collapsible step-stool.  She pulled it off the rack and set it up on the ground before stepping onto it.  I wandered over to find her grinning at me gleefully from atop the stool. 
"See?!  I can use this to get into your truck when I get big and pregnant!" she exclaimed.
"What will you do with it once you're in the truck?" I asked.
"I'll attach a string to it, and pull it in after me!"

I don't know why that struck me as so funny, but I began laughing and laughing.  Just the image maybe, of the stool on a string, or perhaps it was thinking about where the stool would go once in the truck, but I just about doubled over laughing.  T glared at me, unappreciative.

"Stop laughing at me!" she spit out.
"I'm not laughing AT you, I'm just laughing NEAR you." I replied, still cackling. 
"You better be nice, or else you'll be in charge of putting the stool down for me and then picking it up for me after I've gotten in!"  T threatened. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday evening, we had a class at the Birth Center (another entry... later, I swear.) and we stopped at Boston Market for dinner.  At Boston Market they had some brownies out at the register, and I was drooling over them.  T looked at me, excitement sparkling in her eyes, and said, "We should make brownies!" 
So we hit the grocery store for a boxed mix of gluten-free brownies.  And while we were there, T suddenly wanted a raspberry sauce to go with it.  And then also, chocolate ice cream.  And also, M&Ms to put in the brownies.  This, coming from the pregnant lady who hasn't wanted anything sweet in weeks! 

We were laughing at the sheer absurdity of it all, right there in the middle of Albertson's.  Her eyes were just about streaming with tears from laughing as she commented, "I just don't know what's wrong with me!"

To which I replied, "There's nothing wrong with you!  The cupcake wants a brownie.  Hmm.  That's a little morbid, almost like cannibalism..."  And then there was more laughing.

And you know what?  We DID have brownies and ice cream after we watched Castle last night. 

Life is grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment