Sunday, January 15, 2012

Love.

I spent the evening with a good friend last night, and we got talking about relationships.  In the retelling of how I met and fell in love with T, I was filled with overwhelming emotion.  My intense joy and love for her welled up through my throat and into my mouth, flowing out in words of appreciation and thankfulness.  I felt my eyes swell with tears of happiness.

I simply cannot imagine my life without her in it.  I tell her I love her every day, but I think sometimes the depth of my feelings for her goes unplumbed.  Some days, it's really important to tell her that I love her more than anything, that I want to grow old with her, that I believe we can handle anything that comes our way together.

I am so unbelievably happy.  Often, I find myself wondering how I became so fortunate.  Every day I can't help but to smile and be jubilant.

And to think: this love of my life is growing a new life inside, one who will amaze us and hold our hearts in his or her tiny fist each moment of their existence.

I love you so much, T.  It's beyond my ability to express how glad I am to be with you and to hold your hand as we step together into this new time in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment